Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spring Cleaning: Reuse

February is just about over and spring is on its way. Time to rip open the junk drawers and get cracking on some spring cleaning. Now, my spring cleaning does not mean, sort through everything and then throw out all the junk! Since I'm very big on reusing items around the house as decor, I save the hidden treasures among all the junk. Some "treasures" or things that I would save, are random artifacts I think are cool - old fashioned/empty perfume bottles, trophies, frames, jars, etc. I found some empty jars and I have yet to decide how I will use them. Here's just some of the neat ideas I found while scouring pinterest.





How would you reuse junk around your house as decor?

5 comments:

  1. I love pinterest! I could probably spend days on there! I especially love those pastel jars with the pencils in it! Definitely going to have to try some of these!

    XO Kelley
    http://www.keepsittingpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh love this!! i have been wanting to make my own bathsalts and stuff but was trying to think of cute ways to store/gift them! these are some great ideas! love that the 1st pic look like they are just the starbucks bottles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look like the starbucks bottles! Didn't notice that.

      Delete
  3. I love the laced candle jars. How freaking cute. You could also use jars and place nice spring florals in them. Target has an amazing array of bright pinks, purples and yellows right now.

    Vonae Deyshawn
    www.myvirtueplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mason jars and pinterest! I have used them for storage, like buttons, ribbon and other things we sometimes collect and want to reuse someday. But I also have been looking at the idea of the last 2 pictures. Thanks for the tips and visiting my blog.

    -Cass
    www.MySaneSafeSpot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete